Subscribe with Bloglines The Privacy Lawyer: How to avoid sending something that can get you into trouble online

Friday, September 03, 2004

How to avoid sending something that can get you into trouble online

Internet Super Heroes - Cyberbullying, Flaming and Cyberstalking [CFC] for Kids, Tweens and Teens This is the piece I talked about in Think Before You Click Send. Many people are viewed as being rude, hostile or predatory merely becasue of a misunderstandning. (What we have here is a failure ot communicate! :-) for those of you too young to recognize that quote, forgive me, my age shows. :-))

Its a good checklist for the workplace as well. You are welcome to use it in employee training, as long as you credit me and InternetSuperHeroes.org.

IM, e-mail and interactive communications are designed for quick and casual communications. Becasue of this, we tend ot forget to check things before sending, and even if we remember, may not be willing to take the time. (As you may have noticed, I need a spelling checker on everything I do, and often don't bother...you may find yourself trying to figure out what I am attempting to say, it's so garbled :-( )

But do as I say, not as I do...and you'll be much better off. :-)

thanks,
Parry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home