Subscribe with Bloglines The Privacy Lawyer: The Privacy Lawyer

Monday, June 21, 2004

The Privacy Lawyer

I write The Privacy Lawyer column for Information Week magazine. It's a combination of legal information, cyberabuse avoidance and fun.

Every once in a while my editor reminds me that I should write more about law and less about cyberdating. So this blog will allow me to write more fun things that affect information and business technology managers as people.

Let me know if there are special things you'd like ot hear about and I will try and accomodate you.

Blogging takes me back to the early days of AOL when several of us became online hosts to avoid having to pay by the minute (really!) for AOL access. Our bills used to run about $200 per month. As online hosts for AOL, we had free access and even more importantly, board tools that let us set up new boards, edit our posts and others post and kick people out who were creating problems. Aside from giving us all God complexes, it allowed us to create our own little world. When you look at AOL today, you never could contemplate what it used to be like.

When you talk with Vint Cerf and other incredible pioneers like him, being able to trace your online origins back to the early days of AOL isn't such a big deal. But heck, it was fun then. And felt just like blogging does now. You can make a name for yourself. You can help people learn and share your ideas.

It feels like 1994 all over again.

I hope it's just as much fun as it used to be...

Parry

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of your column at Information Week. I just found you by accident, when I found Parry's blog (parryaftab.blogspot.com).

Are you going to be writing about blogging?

I had been looking for a blog by you. I found several that talked about you. But until now hadn't found yours.

Looking forward to watching. Got a feed?

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home